this blog is a record of the house that I helped to build along with my class during the Carpentry pretrade course I did at SIT chch

Thursday 17 May 2012

Interior wall lining (GIB)

Because I forgot my camera while we were doing the ceiling and i'm waiting to get some photos from one of the other students I will carry on with the wall lining, I will post about the ceiling when I have the photos.
We have been doing this over the last couple of days, we are using 10mm standard GIB  fixed horizontally, some of the walls are bracing panels and have required nail spacings as you will see in one of the photos.
We screwed the ceiling but nailed the walls using standard 30mm GIB clouts at 300mm centres for standard panels and 150mm centres for bracing panels with glue behind.

the corner of our room pre GIB
Some of the team marking a panel out with Tutor James watching

Warner and I lifting a panel into place
ready to fix
Warner holding, me fixing top
Warner fixing the bottom
About to start the wardrobe
Me fixing the side of the wardrobe
the wardrobe finished
covering the exposed Lintel 
nailing of the Lintel GIB
The room finished
Compare with photo 1
Bracing panel nailing pattern in corner
starting on the hallway
the Hallway with first panels up

No comments:

Post a Comment