this blog is a record of the house that I helped to build along with my class during the Carpentry pretrade course I did at SIT chch

Thursday 3 May 2012

House framework

In this post you will see pictures of the construction of the house frames.
We cut and layed out the top and bottom plates, marked out the studs, prop studs, trimmers, windows and doors etc.
We then cut all the cut and assembled them.
once they were assembled we started standing them a room at a time and then added temp bracing.

laying out top and bottom plates

  
starting to build

some finished frames
first frames to go up
building frames
the bedroom I helped build
James our tutor inspecting the work
James showing us how to fix top plates
starting to look like a house
another frame going up
and it's in place
Here I am with the room I helped build
Me using nail gun
strapping on Lintel
start of the hallway
lifting in one of the main Lintels
and it's in place
more bracing
ceiling batterns
the finished hallway

No comments:

Post a Comment