this blog is a record of the house that I helped to build along with my class during the Carpentry pretrade course I did at SIT chch

Friday 25 May 2012

Ceiling linings

In this post now that I have some photos I will go back and explain aboout the ceiling linings that we put up.
We used 10mm standard GIB that is 1.2m wide that we screwed 300mm centers using a power screwer with with GIB glue on the ceiling batterns, where we joined 2 sheets across a long room such as the lounge we used a glue covered panel behind the joint line as you will see in some of the photos.

Me putting the glue up
Me using the power screwer
Tutor James showing us how to join sheets
holding it up
putting the panel up making sure the light wires protrude through the holes
getting it in place
James showing us how to get the edges to line up tightly
Me screwing it off while the others hold it
screwing on some batterns to support the joint until it dries
finished job

No comments:

Post a Comment