this blog is a record of the house that I helped to build along with my class during the Carpentry pretrade course I did at SIT chch

Thursday 31 May 2012

Architraves and skirting

Today I continued with the work we started yesterday and I did some architraves around the wardrobe and door in the room that Warner and I have been doing, once this was done we started on the skirting around the base of the walls, this was done by square cutting the longest wall in the room the scribing the internal corners and mitreing the external ones.
before we started James showed us how to scribe skirting on some colonial skirting as this is one of the hardest to do.
James showing us how to cut skirting
scribing the joint
the finished result
Me test fitting the architraves
nailing on the sides
glueing the joints at the top
fitting it in and nailing it off
the finished door and wardrobe architraves
door and wardrobe
Me cutting the scribe on the skirting
using the coping saw to finish off
fixing it in place
the finished skirting
internal corner 
external corner

No comments:

Post a Comment