this blog is a record of the house that I helped to build along with my class during the Carpentry pretrade course I did at SIT chch

Monday 16 July 2012

recladding an external wall

For the last week I have mainly been removing the bricks from the outside of the house that I am working on but today I got to re clad the outside of of room.
This involved removing the building paper, measuring for the new Eco-ply cladding, fitting a new trimming stud to allow for the fixing of the two sheets, fitting extra bracing using Handi-brackets, I put in 4 of these.
I then cut the two sheets of ply fitted them and nailed them off to the bracing pattern of 150mm centers, tomorrow I will tape seal the joints and re install flashing's around the window.
removing the building paper
measuring up for the ply
fixing in the extra trimmer stud
drilling the holes for the coach bolts
Handi-brackets in place
nailing off the ply
and it's done
me with my work

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what time zone this program uses but I posted this at 2030 not 0130 like it says, I will be sound asleep by then.

    ReplyDelete