this blog is a record of the house that I helped to build along with my class during the Carpentry pretrade course I did at SIT chch

Wednesday 20 June 2012

starting my new apprenticeship

This week I started my new apprenticeship with Whyte construction, On Monday and Tuesday I was working with a crew doing tiling at a local hair dressers.
measuring and cutting tiles for front step

the floor inside

Today I was working with another crew doing some demo on an earthquake damaged house that also had moisture damage, this involved cutting out GiB, grinding out and lifting pavers and ripping down GiB in the kitchen ceiling.

water damage in garage


Sam cutting out Gib to expose the water damage


exposed concrete ceiling with Rondo GiB hangers

the area above the garage having the pavers lifted to expose  DPM

area to be removed

Me cutting out grout
really dusty work
Kitchen ceiling to be removed
me ripping down the GiB
kitchen with Exposed Rondo GiB hangers

No comments:

Post a Comment